Medical Director Manager
Responsible for the administration of medical services for company health plans including the overall medical policies of the business unit to ensure the appropriate and most cost-effective medical care is received and for the day-to-day management of medical management staff.
How will you make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Interprets existing policies and develops new policies based on changes in the healthcare or medical arena.
- Leads, develops, directs, and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality. Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company, may chair or serve on company committees, may be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on external committees, conduct peer clinical and/or appeal case reviews and peer to peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations, provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of the program.
- Supports the medical management staff ensuring timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports and directly supervises the management of any assigned staff.
**This role is a remote opportunity.**
**Work Shift-Monday-Friday 8 am- 5 pm EST**
**Candidates that reside in the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) are encouraged to apply**
- Requires MD or DO and Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
- Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US.
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience: or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5-10 years managed care and quality assurance experienced strongly preferred.
- Experience practicing as a Geriatricians strongly preferred.
- The ability to be a strategic thinker is a plus.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.