AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is a leading specialty benefit management company with more than 20 years of experience and a growing presence in the management of radiology, cardiology, oncology, sleep medicine, and specialty pharmacy benefits.
A Data Engineer Intern will be responsible for engaging in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology.
How you will make an impact:
- Optimizing, developing, and maintaining integration solutions using Data Integration framework as necessary to connect to data warehouse, and data lakes
- Developing, maintaining, and optimizing all effort related to maintenance of Data Warehouse objects
- Creating data warehouse components using best practices methodologies
- Performing data conversion from transactional systems\applications to data lake and edw using tools ETL\ELT tools DataStage\Informatica\Kafka\streaming services
- Identifying and analyzing data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity is maintained
- Troubleshooting data related issues and come up with possible solutions\recommendations
- Developing and deploying DWH job workflow with reliable error\exception handling and rollback
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in applied math, statistics, scientific computing, data and analytics, business analytics, or related field with a graduation date at an accredited university
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the Summer 2023 internship
Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.