The Manager Digital Operations (Claims Operations) oversees an operations unit(s); executes or supports strategies to deliver industry leading digitized service results.
Primary duties include but not limited to:
- Partners across departmental lines to support further penetration of operational digitization, E2E efficiencies, lowered administrative costs and an excellent member and provider experience.
- Support effective achievement of digital operations organizational objectives.
- Plans, directs, and controls the resources and efforts of an operational unit within blended Digital Operations organization.
- Supports objectives of the company and the blended Digital Ops organization.
- Supports digitization initiatives by demonstrating understanding current operational business processes that digitization does/can enable.
- Assists in budget development.
- Serve as a functional expert and guide team members towards new ways of working and leveraging digital solutions.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates with peers and digital operations leadership to deliver on tactical plans and objectives.
- Provides direct, daily oversight of transactional operations staff, ensuring production levels and quality are maintained.
- Monitors, on a daily basis, inventory levels, aging and quality and takes immediate corrective actions as needed.
- Hires, trains, coaches and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Provides leadership in motivating subordinates to maintain high production and quality levels.
- Provides quality control services by monitoring work results of direct reports.
- Develops a strong team through training and effective organizational development practices.
- Manages processes and receives assignments in the form of objectives and framework on how to meet goals.
- Manages resources (people, material, support) to get things accomplished within unit of responsibility. Identifies and resolves hurdles for assigned area/group.
- Leverage reporting and analytics tools, continually monitors procedures and operational metrics to ensure these are met by staff.
- Manages across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners.
- Builds strong partnerships with market and digital leads, Benefits Administration, Provider Engagement and Contracting, Sales and Internal Audit.
- Effectively interfaces with external contacts, e.g. customers, vendors and agencies.
- Requires a BA/BS in Information Technology or Business Administration, 3+ years' of experience leading technology (application development, configuration, maintenance or implementation and support) teams and/or cross functional project (technology and operations) teams; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background and a minimum of 2 years of management experience in managed care and/or health insurance industry or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.