A Business Change Intern – Graduate will be responsible for working with management to identify and implement various projects, programs and plans that support achievement of the Indiana Medicaid Health Plan and enterprise goals.
How you will make an impact:
- Identifying potential issues, necessary project changes, and scope.
- Identifying impacted parties, business partners, and resources required.
- Leading efforts to identify best practices.
- Developing and designing processes and systems that support business needs.
- Designing methods for integrating function and process.
- Conducting cost/benefit analyses.
- Building support for business change throughout the business unit.
- Ensuring processes are designed in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and state Medicaid contract requirements.
- Interfacing with senior leadership within the health plan as needed.
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Population Health and Health Equity - Intern will work with the Whole Health, Health Equity, and Quality Directors to support execution, continuous improvement, refinement of health plan's whole health and health equity strategies. Specific projects will include support implementation of key strategies and programs under each of our priority population health domains, monitor progress toward goals and outcomes.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the summer internship program
- Actively pursuing a master’s degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, or other related degree at an accredited college or university during internship
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Detail oriented, proficient with Excel and Power Point, inquisitive, analytical, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses capabilities in Program Measurement and Evaluation, Program Development and Design
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent Problem-solving, Analytical, and Organizational skills
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation skills
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.