Job Title: Nurse Medical Management II
Must have licensure in Colorado and Nevada.
Responsible to collaborate with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources for more complex medical issues. Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources. Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care and accurate claims payment. May also manage appeals for services denied.
How you will make an impact:
- Conducts precertification, continued stay review, care coordination, or discharge planning for appropriateness of treatment setting reviews to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
- Consults with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
- Collaborates with providers to assess member’s needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
- Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
- Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Serves as resource to lower-leveled nurses and may participate in or lead intradepartmental teams, projects and initiatives.
- Requires current active unrestricted RN license to practice as a health professional in Colorado AND Nevada.
- Requires minimum of 3 years acute care clinical experience or case management, utilization management or managed care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Inpatient Care experience is strongly preferred.
- Participation in the American Association of Managed Care Nurses preferred.
- Knowledge of medical management process and ability to interpret and apply member contracts, member benefits, and managed care products strongly preferred.
- Prior managed care experience strongly preferred.
- High-speed cable or fiber optic internet required.
- Candidate must be tech savvy.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Nurse Medical Management II:
- Annual Salary Range: $71,316.00 - $89,145.00
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply:
- Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.