A Community Relations Representative Intern will be responsible for growing membership through educating and servicing the Medicaid population, including meeting the communities need for ongoing educational and social service outreach to existing and potential members
How you will make an impact
- Acting as service representative for assigned projects and a resource to membership and community
- Ensuring consistent compliance with all state, federal, and company specific requirements.
- Assisting with establishing and maintaining positive relationships with community organizations, provider offices, and faith-based organizations; performs activities to enhance presence in the community.
- Identifying and collecting educational material on community networks and advocacy groups with similar missions and values and communicate the information to management.
- Providing telephonic assistance, outreach and/or guidance to members and potential members regarding benefit and enrollment questions, and/or aiding on any social service needs
- Ability to work 40 hours a week for the duration of the summer internship program
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, human services or related field at an accredited university or college
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent Problem-solving, Analytical, and Organizational skills
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation skills
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.