Job Title: Engineering Intern Graduate Level – Summer 2023
Location: Atlanta, GA, Indianapolis, IN, or Richmond, VA
Structure: In person
Be part of our extraordinary team!
The Information Technology Intern students will gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one on one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student’s acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking event
What we are looking for:
Developer/Engineer Interns are an integral piece to our IT divisions supporting various assets of internal and external facing technology assets; thus they are required to have the following skill sets: create infrastructure, maintain and upgrade current internal and external facing systems, support integration of new platforms, software, and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Superb problem-solving skills using logic and data
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency in technical aspects of computer and software engineering
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to those not as experienced
- Familiarity with containerization/orchestration using cloud native stack and associated application design principles
- Ability to convey the problem and solution pictorially using Powerpoint, Miro or other equivalent technologies.
- Intellectually curious self-starters with the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible team environment
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Pursuing an graduate level degree at an accredited college or university in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Compute Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, or similar
- Graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024
- GPA of 3.0 or above
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.