Licensing Analyst I
Location: W@H and Richmond, VA Office
The Licensing Analyst I initiate the multistate RN licensure process for clinical staff.
How you will make an impact:
- Ensures that data is entered, and documents are scanned into the licensure database within assigned timeframes and based on established criteria.
- Identifies required state licensure for individual nurses and creates the corresponding records in licensure data base.
- Mails Universal Applications to the clinical staff for review and approval.
- Ensures that all licenses and CEU records are keyed in licensure database.
- Ensures that individual state RN licensure applications are completed and mailed to the nurse for review and signature.
- Ensures that disbursement and fingerprint requests are accurately keyed into the system.
- Requires a H.S. diploma
- Minimum of 4 years of business-related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Strongly preferred previous credentialing experience.
- Experience in health care or related field with medical technology knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
- Associates in this role are preferred to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work, detailed oriented focusing on quality and accuracy, work independently, multi-task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Previous experience with reviewing board of nursing applications and state regulations preferred.
- Experience conducting research to obtain methods to resolve issues in working with the various boards of nursing and vendors preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.