A Software Engineering- Automation Intern will be responsible for engaging in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with mentors and be part of teams where they can stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge and competencies.
Carelon - Accelerating the growth of the capabilities and services we bring to market – pharmacy, behavioral health, advanced analytics and insights, and chronic and complex care – is a critical component of our Enterprise Strategy, and Carelon’s Services and Pharmacy businesses are committed to creating differentiating value for Elevance Health.
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Improving our DevSecOps process using automation and metrics reporting.
- Analyzing gaps in code coverage and improving test automation by writing and executing test scripts.
- Identifying opportunities for simplification and process improvement using automation, in any of the areas of Software delivery and building automation for at least one such measurable improvement.
- Building and configuring system health monitoring dashboards and setting up automated alerts for critical system issues.
- Familiarity with Automation techniques, building, debugging, and executing automation scripts.
- Experience or familiarity with Deployment techniques and DevOps concepts, Continuous integration, and Continuous Deployment concepts.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field with a graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024 at an accredited university
- Exposure to algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts
- Good understanding of technological trends and developments in the areas of software development, automation, CI/CD techniques, and application support
- Must be able to communicate and present well to an audience of technical and non-technical users
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the Summer 2023 internship
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner as Training and Licensing will be provided.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent Problem-solving, Analytical, and Organizational skills
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation skills
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.