The Portfolio Management Consulting Intern will have a unique opportunity to make significant contributions to impactful, innovative projects helping to advance the health of humanity. You will also have an opportunity to engage at a strategic level and gain exposure to the activities within Elevance Health’s Government Business Division (GBD) portfolio. The Portfolio Management Consulting Intern will work alongside our portfolio management team to conduct analysis of existing procedures and reporting packages to present strategic improvement recommendations to senior leadership.
How you will make an impact:
- Opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve
- Support the efficient delivery of high priority initiatives which create greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities
- Assisting in strategic planning and design of business processes and make recommendations for improvement
Key projects may include:
- Conducting analysis of IT demand intake processes & presenting improvement recommendations
- Documenting requirements and leading the implementation of approved process enhancements
- Soliciting and synthesizing stakeholder input on existing portfolio transparency reporting and presenting enhancement opportunities
- Leading the creation of approved reporting enhancements
Skills needed to thrive in this role:
- Ability to work independently with a focus on execution and delivery.
- Excellent communication with an eye for detail, an ear for important items, and a focus on the concise and accurate delivery of key messages across emails, spreadsheets, presentations, meetings, and reports.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture.
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Strong cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfort with ambiguity and agility in learning complex concepts.
- Capability to analyze data and strategy, financial modeling and valuation skills preferred.
- Project management skills, including self-organization, time management, and risk management.
- Ability to effectively learn from, collaborate, and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work virtually.
- Genuine interest and excitement in applying innovative solutions to improving the health of humanity.
- Actively pursuing a master’s degree or higher program of study at an accredited college/university
- Ability to work for 40 hours per week for the duration of the summer internship program
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Moderate or advanced excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, visio skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong executive presence
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Previous business consulting experience
- Previous process design & mapping experience
- Previous requirements gathering and documentation experience
- Excellent Problem-solving, Analytical, and Organizational skills
- Previous experience working effectively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team
- Previous project management experience
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.