The Data Center Support Operator is responsible for ensuring midrange, connectivity and performance are monitored.
Position is located in Shelbyville, KY
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Completes installation/removal of data center equipment such as servers, network devices, and cabling.
- Assists with receipt and inventory of equipment delivered by courier or common carriers
- Coordinates conference bridge or screen-share sessions between department groups or Subject Matter Experts
- Monitors alarms and alerts to ensure contract service levels are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures all system or production problems are recognized and appropriate action according to standard operating procedures are taken to meet schedules.
- Trains entry-level operators.
- Adheres to standard data management practices, monitoring backup data and ensures that off-site requirements are met for midrange and / or LAN servers and workstations.
- Provides backup to the Call Center during off hours (including weekends) to ensure customer requests for systems access are met.
- Ensures documentation is written and kept updated on current procedures.
- Ensures out-of-house data is available for distribution.
- Requires a H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 1 year of personal computer experience with telecommunications and network environments, mid-range or mainframe systems.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
Windows Desktop platforms
- Competency in file system operations (basic user interface, file management including use of network shares).
- Familiarity with OS configuration changes via control panel.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel) and email (Outlook/OWA).
- Use of web browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) and various web-based applications.
- Familiarity with basic network cabling (Ethernet/RJ45).
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (IP addresses, DNS).
- Familiarity with managing usernames and passwords.
- Understanding of basic password complexity requirements.
Experience with the following is highly preferred
- Linux/Unix platforms (including command line access & configuration)
- Virtual Machines (Desktop or Server).
- Networking Equipment (Switches, Firewalls, Routers).
- Documentation Management (PowerPoint, Visio, Acrobat).
- Authentication/Security (Active Directory, Group Policy).
- Customer Service (Phone support, Call Center).
- Productivity (Teams, Sharepoint, Workday).
- Monitoring (Solarwinds, Sitescan, Dynatrace, DVR Clients).
- Virtualization (VSphere, AWS, Azure).
- Networking (Putty, InfoBlox).
- Data Interfaces (Informatica, Attachmate/MicroFocus).
- Backup/Recovery (NetBackup).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.