Preferred Locations: Indianapolis, IN or Baltimore, MD
The Service Design Strategist is responsible for working with innovation team to generate and synthesize consumer insights to drive the development of the consumer strategy and design process.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates outputs including, but not limited to: quick turn research plans, discussion guides, consumer and stakeholder interviews, summary of findings, personas, journey maps, and lo-fi concept testing.
- Partners with research team and the business to understand needs and opportunities, existing research and insights available, provides analytical work, and brings a business and design thinking insights.
- Identifies the research plan, conducting design, developing ideas to address customer pain-points.
- Synthesizes customer research into actionable “insights canvas” document.
- Supports aggregation of customer data (research, call center, digital, marketing, etc.) for the purpose of generating new insights.
- Develops personas and hypothesis journey maps.
- Creates and executes rapid turn customer research plans (plan, discussion guides, conduct interviews, synthesize findings).
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 6 years of experience within Innovation, Customer Experience, or Service Design.
- Experience in human centered design research: creating research plans, drafting discussion or field guides, conducting interviews or focus groups, conducting analysis, and synthesizing data from sources into concise summaries; Experience conducting qualitative research that focuses on both generative and evaluative objectives.
- Project planning experience; experience applying critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills on project; experience designing researching, sense-making and pattern recognition; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- PhD in service design or user experience design (HCI) or related strongly preferred.
- Experience Leading Implementation - Organizational Change (Human Centered Design).
- Scaled Agile Framework experience preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.