Responsible for leading in the design, implementation and evaluation of quality and performance improvement projects and other quality-related initiatives from inception through conclusion.
How you will make an impact:
• Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
• Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
• Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
• Take the lead in developing and implementing contract-required performance improvement projects and initiatives, particularly the development of predictive models. This includes literature searches, development and implementation of PIP/study methodology and documentation, data extraction, statistical analysis, developing, coordinating and/or implementing interventions to achieve and maintain improvement. Maintains written PIP documentation according to contractual requirements, including submission according to prescribed timelines
• Maintain data for assigned projects and performance measures, conducts analyses of performance data, develops reports that identify, summarize and interpret both positive and negative data/performance trends, and makes recommendations for improvement or change as needed.
• Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
• Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is strongly preferred.
• Ability to manipulate large sets of data strongly preferred. Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, writing, and problem solving skills strongly preferred.
• Strategic development of data mining into actionable interventions.
• Skills, knowledge and experience applying advanced analytics such as predictive modelling, case mix adjustment, multiple regression analysis, etc. is strongly preferred.
• Experience and basic skills in statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS, R, and Python is strongly preferred (Beacon CT uses SAS primarily).
• An advanced degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Data Science or other related field is preferred.
• Candidates that live in the State of CT are preferred but candidates requiring full remote out of state work arrangements will be considered.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.