Proposal Development Consultant
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for completing RFPs, including providing technical and consultative support relative to the execution of sales strategies and proposal development for large commercial (private and public) pre-sale accounts.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and delivers large account proposals, including responding to broker/consultant specifications and questionnaires, interpreting questionnaires, researching answers and crafting responses with the assistance of a Q&A database.
- Manages the coordination of proposal activities and responses with other operating areas such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales, and Specialty companies assuring their actions come together as a seamless response to the Request For Proposal (RFP).
- Responds to detailed RFP specifications requests in a manner which expounds upon the business units’ capabilities with respect to product design, managed care programs, financial strategies, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in Strategy Meeting conference calls with Sales and Underwriting.
- Assists with the integration of new products and services within the proposal database, including updating, rewriting and editing the various databases used in creating proposals.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 3-5 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly developed skills in writing, editing, and proofreading with the ability to draft clear, persuasive copy
- Ability to execute multiple, ongoing projects in a timely and accurate manner in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Familiarity with commercial business and/or group sales support experience
- RFP experience.
- Proven win rate with large complex bid responses.
- Health care industry knowledge
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.