Responsible for handling escalated customer service inquiries, issues and transactions specific to compensation.
This role will provide consultative, analytical, and administrative support to the Compensation Center of Excellence (COE) in order to execute enterprise compensation programs.
- Partner with Compensation COE to implement and manage the execution of programs.
- Handle routine and nonroutine compensation related customer service inquiries, issues, and transactions.
- Review and approve compensation requests outside of guidelines and consulting with Compensation COE as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing the quarterly short term incentive program as it relates to system preparedness, administration, and bonus payout.
- Maintain other compensation systems and programs; providing analytical support and analysis and makes recommendations based on the analysis; update compensation tools and supporting compensation initiatives as needed.
- May participate in salary surveys to ensure market competitiveness of jobs.
- Conducts regional equity studies and compression analyses and participates in annual pay program development.
- Conducts annual market evaluations as needed and on-going internal equity and external competitiveness comparisons to support job family owners.
- Partner with HRIS team to update job information in the system and maintain the monthly job code table.
- Supports corporate-wide compensation initiatives, including incentive plan administration, merit process, total direct compensation analysis, and salary survey design and submission.
- Requires BA/BS in HR, business or related discipline and a minimum of 2 years experience in compensation and/or HR Operations; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in operations and customer service roles with strong understanding of HRIS and technology applications.
- Healthcare and/or insurance industry experience, effective organization and attention to detail, and knowledge of business financial terms strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.