Location : 50 miles of Elevance Pulse Points: locations are Norfolk VA, Atlanta GA, Indianapolis IN, Chicago, IL, Richmond VA, Mason OH.
This role will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more multi-year programs going into the IT domain. In addition to all responsibilities of a program manager which include managing all aspects including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages Enterprise wide programs of $7 M - $10M+ size with multiple concurrent sub-projects or equal complexity.
- Will handle communications updates, and process improvements of IT programs around operations and claims.
- Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
- Coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope; develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans.
- Develops training plans; develops requirements documents.
- Develops project approval matrix; identifies project team training and tool needs; defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for vendor partners and global resources firms; defines quality gates for each project methodology phase; defines critical success factors; establishes and manages the project warranty period.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 3 years leading and directing project task(s); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
- Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Experience with Pega demand management systems is strongly preferred
- Background in Healthcare/Insurance domain (claims issues around IT domain)
- Experience with claims processing and/or the systems used in claims processing
- Experience running SQL queries and/or analysis using Microsoft Excel
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.