Performance Engineer II
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
AIM Specialty Health is seeking a Performance Engineer II who combines solid software performance testing credentials with emerging technology trends in the industry. As a Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for hands-on performance testing of content delivery applications. In this role, you will be performing and load testing Java-based and .Net-based systems. Which includes monitor load, volume, stress, and scalability of each application. You will plan, design, develop, debug and load testing scripts. Should be Expertise in debugging performance-related issues and bottlenecks using a combination of log analysis, code analysis and tools like Loadrunner, Gatling and Jmeter are key success factors in this highly visible opportunity.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Develops robust, reusable, automated test scripts and enhances the scripts according to standards.
• Review of Performance test scripts created or modified to ensure compliance with standards.
• Manage automated tests, scheduling test activities, and reporting the progress.
• Documents the success and failures of tests for metrics gathering and reporting.
• Analyzes the test results and creates tests reports.
• Drives review and approval of Performance Testing plans with the team.
• Establishes effective functional tests.
• Hands-on testing of impacted functional areas including writing test plans and executing tests.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support the team
• Monitor and tracks defects and issues associated with Performance testing.
• Manages and updates business process for performance test scripts as required.
• Aids in the development and refinement of structured Performance processes.
• Develops and maintain test scripts promoting reusable components and maintainability.
• Gains domain knowledge and strong understanding of functionality and technology across all products.
• Follows standard operating procedures guidelines, tests, tracks (gather evidence) and closes bugs assigned to Performance Team.
• Evaluates and implements testing tools and automated scripts needed to provide test coverage.
• Works closely with various departments within AIM for the purpose of support, training, and knowledge transfer of expertise.
• Reviews and provides feedback on technical documentation.
• Other duties assigned by the Manager.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years performance engineering and performance testing experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience of working in Agile and DevOps environments.
• Programming mastery of Loadrunner v12.60 or later
• Strong Expertise in using the tool Loadrunner and the LR protocols HTTP/HTML, Web Services & Ajax Trueclient etc.
• Strong Performance Testing Experience with good understanding of Software Test Lifecycle including Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Cases Design, Test Data Setup, Test log, Test results, Test Traceability Matrix
• Contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for performance testing
• Contribute to the building of a continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
• Experience in creating the performance strategy, NFR analysis, Test closure reports, Go/No-go reports etc.
• Collaborate with various project teams to get the performance testing scope, environment setup, test data setup etc.
• Experience with performance monitoring tools such as App Dynamics, Dynatrace etc. and log monitoring tools such as Splunk, Kibana etc.
• Familiarity using Cloud based performance testing
• Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
• Ability to handle the performance testing for multiple applications at a time.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Proficient in analyzing performance test results and working with technical teams to resolve bottlenecks
• Experience in performance prediction / modeling analysis during early SDLC phases
• Good experience in measuring/monitoring performance of various layers involved in end-to-end system.
• Exposure to container-related technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
• Must have API/Web services Testing experience (SOAP, REST, FTP, JSON or similar)
• Strong understanding of complex system integrations, programming knowledge, and web services.
• Must be able to work closely with Application Teams and Test Architects to build a workload for the scenario.
• Knowledge of Java, CSS, HTML, and SQL.
• Experience using GIT or other Version Control Systems.
• Basic understanding of CI/CD release management processes and how they integrate with quality checkpoints.
• Proficiency with and/or familiarity with a variety of software testing tools such as Quality Center, Jira and TFS etc.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.