Outreach Specialist Sr (Community Health Worker)
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for serving as the initial and main point of Field contact between the Company and the current and potential members.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to telephone, written, and in-person inquiries and initiates steps to assist regarding issues relating to content or interpretation of benefits, policies and procedures.
- Researches and resolves complex customer and business issues.
- Provides timely and accurate resolution of inquiries and issues regarding benefits, services and policies.
- Supports and promotes State Sponsored Programs through participation in community events.
- Represents State Sponsored Programs in community collaborations.
- Supports member access to care through home visits, processing of reports, and distribution of collateral materials.
- Performs new member orientations.
- Provides superior quality outcomes by taking ownership of issues to ensure timely resolution or follow-up.
- Participates in promotional activities.
- Provides superior, professional, and courteous service to customers.
- Organizes daily work without significant guidance.
- Collaborates with team members to provide superior customer services.
- Supports Health Management Programs.
- Conducts research to assist customers with inquiries or issues.
- Actively identifies and pursues opportunities for team involvement.
- Trains CRC associates.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of the Outreach Program and work plans.
- Comprehends the various cultural and linguistic needs of the Medicaid and SCHIP population, knowledge of the various health and social services available in the assigned region with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations, ability to work professionally with the company's associates, community-based organizations, providers and plan members.
- Represents department with key internal and external stake holders and targeted community partners.
- Mentors and coaches Outreach staff.
- Generates management reports.
- Requires a HS Diploma a minimum of 4 years of customer service experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual - Mandarin or Cantonese
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Understanding of the basic principles of managed care and the concepts of publicly financed health insurance such as Medicaid and SCHIP programs strongly preferred.
- Willingness to do home visits
- Able to travel through out Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $43,760 to $78,768
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithica, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.