The Sr. IT Manager (Application Development) is responsible for delivery of Enterprise Initiatives and Information Technology (IT) strategies by researching and implementing technological strategic solutions to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department.
Position must be located in one of the 3 following metro areas: Columbus, OH; Mendota Heights, MN or Atlanta, GA.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees information systems function for a set of applications for a strategic profit and loss (P&L) business division within the company.
- Manages a series of plan of record projects supporting the end to end value stream; delivers and supports software system solutions that support the operations of their functional areas.
- Responsible for overall technical design and end to end project management/delivery.
- Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills and has ability to present information to executives, business, and technical stakeholders
- Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support, including 3+ years of management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of experience in Java/Cloud technologies development is required.
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare domain including managing system consolidation and migration initiatives.
- Experience with managing Dental, Vision, L&D products preferred.
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) preferred.
- Certified Project Management Professional with expertise on tools such as MPP, Jira, Agile; and a Professional Academy of Heath Care Management certified is preferred.
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert in Vendor Management & Program Management and planning is highly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.