Title : QA Analyst
Location : Hybrid (Considering applicants throughout the United States)
Identifies and creates test assets and performs application testing.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Test execution in development, test, and production environments for each build, sprint, and release in the iterative development lifecycle
• Design and create test cases and scripts to address business and technical use cases
• Leverage existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
• Participate in troubleshooting issues with relevant teams to achieve root cause identification and resolution
• Document, track and escalate issues, as appropriate
• Support production deployment of applications and perform "validation testing"
• Provide independent assessments of software development implementations against defined processes and recommendations
• Analyze user stories to determine the appropriate testing methods and processes
• Conduct test case reviews to ensure test cases accurately capture functionality identified in user acceptance criteria
• Creates and executes the appropriate Test Assets (plans, cases, scripts, metrics) to assure the developed application conforms to requirements and design.
• Executes testing across multiple testing phases, including SIT, UAT, and Regression.
• Participates in Peer Reviews to ensure the completeness of all Test Assets created.
• Understands and follows all applicable SDLC and testing processes.
• Identifies, reports, and reviews defects in assessing application quality.
• May participate in the transition of software and systems into production.
• Collects Test Data for test execution.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum 1 year executing application testing, IT quality experience or an approved IT internship; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 3 or more years of experience testing Business Intelligence applications, as well as Data Integration/Data Warehousing testing to include:
• Core knowledge of ETL testing
• SQL writing, VI, ETL workflow and rule validation experience
• Setting up the performance testing strategy for a data warehouse application
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.