Location: This position is a remote position, however the successful hire should be located in South Carolina, Columbia area preferred. Frequent travel required.
The Military OneSource Community Outreach Manager’s primary role is to educate service members and their families on the resources and services available through Military OneSource. There are many ways that this is accomplished including providing event support, community capacity building activities, and direct support. Event support could include Yellow Ribbon events, family days, drill weekend events, and more. Community Capacity building serves to educate military and civilian service providers so they can refer eligible service members and their families to Military OneSource and to identify local resources that can be vetted for potential use by the Military OneSource call centers and other providers as additional assistance. Activities might include Joining Community Forces and other service provider meetings, briefing military leaders, and more. Direct support activities serve individual service or family members with a specific need by educating them about Military OneSource resources and services available and/or referring them to other resources.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Engages members to educate about resources and services, assist with the resolution of issues, and assist in accessing correct care.
- Creates opportunities with events and presentations to reach and educate the community on programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community leaders, organizations, and churches and acts as a resource for organizations interested in company programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and executes growth and retention strategies with providers and leaders within the state.
- Conducts community-based outreach and education.
- Measures & tracks results through score carding and identify root causes that will enable assigned targets to be met within the assigned area.
- Delivers presentations attend meetings and distribute educational materials to members and non-members.
- Meets and presents to county and community officials.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of military experience either as a member of the military, a spouse, or a provider directly serving the military.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be located in South Carolina (Columbia area preferred)
- Highly Preferred Experiences:
- Must have knowledge of all branches and components of the military.
- Exceptional networking and negotiation skills, and strong public speaking/presentation skills, and previous consumer marketing and/or grassroots/community outreach experience.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strongly prefer experience in SharePoint.
- 50% travel within the state is required, as well as frequent weekend and evening hours as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must also be self motivated and proactive.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $56,016 to $93,360.
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.