IT Quality Control Senior Advisor (SDET)
Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET) – Quality Control Senior Advisor - AIM
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position plays a key role in the development of AIM’s platform. SDET at AIM Specialty Health is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing automation frameworks and tools to test products. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. This role involves writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. SDETs at AIM Specialty Health can understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and can develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
SDET Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Selects and develops Automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation and contributes to implementing the system through the whole development process.
- Develops, reviews, writes unit tests software components.
- Builds and maintains test scripts using an automation test tool including TDD/BDD techniques
- Works closely with the Engineering team to create and maintain software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Designs, develops, and maintains robust, re-usable automated test suites according to compliance and standards.
- Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Mentors QA staff on QA best practices and new industry advances/technology/applications.
- Monitors, reports and tracks defects and issues associated with automated testing.
- Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Participates in the performance testing and analysis.
- Debugs software products using systematic automated QA tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of executing application testing and IT product quality experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, either in a Software Development Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role.
- Must have an understanding and ability to develop code in Java, Spring Boot/ Spring Cloud.
- 1 year experience with and core understanding of development practices in containerized environments, such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- 3+ years of experience with Test processes, open-source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like Junit, TestNG, and / or REST Assured.
- Hands on experience in web application test automation using Selenium, Appium or any equivalent tool/s.
- Strong experience in RESTful API testing using tools like JMeter, Postman or SoapUI.
- Experience with MongoDB is highly preferred.
- Understanding of CI/CD release management processes and how they integrate with quality checkpoints.
- Experience with Performance testing, tools, strategy is desired.
- Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, Quality Center and Artifactory/Maven.
- Experience and knowledge of Health Care Industry desired.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.