The Engineer Lead position plays a key role in the development of AIM’s platform. This platform powers our specialty care management solutions which support both our health plan partners and the members they cover. We are looking for a new member for our platform development team who will be, along with the team, responsible for all improvements and maintenance of our platform components throughout all phases of our development lifecycle. As developers grow in this role, opportunities exist to grow into team management and architecture roles.
Primary duties for the Engineer Lead role may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers to identify and refine business innovations and new concepts.
- Collaborate with team members to identify new enterprise platform capabilities.
- Leading technical design and delivery for multiple globally distributed teams.
- Evaluate and adopt the latest software technologies and components.
- Understand both business and technical requests and requirements and integrate those needs into our platform capabilities.
- Develops and defines platform scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications.
- Develop robust, reusable, and reliable platform components, which enhance our platform, frameworks, and services.
- Implement improvements in stability, performance, and scalability
- Define design and development standards and best practices to be followed by the Engineering team
- Grow the development team by exchanging knowledge and ideas with team members and other development teams.
- Grow Engineering Teams by providing training and
- Reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes in order to operate more efficiently
- Improve the performance of the team by regularly reviewing our activities and identifying new ways of working together.
- Work in cross-functional development environments to ensure our platform capabilities are used and supported in our products and services.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Owns the technical development environment.
- Mentors Engineers on the team.
- Assist in interviewing, recruiting, and hiring of Engineers.
- Lead multiple or medium to large sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Provides troubleshooting support.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Minimum of 7 years related experience; multi-dimensional platform experience; C# expert level experience with business and technical applications
- Experience with Java ; expertise with Spring Boot/ Spring Cloud ;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with C# and WCF
- Experience developing web services and deep understanding of SOA principles, HTTP, and REST.
- Experience automating build and deployments in AWS using Jenkins CI/CD tools or equivalent.
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS and/or ReactJS is highly desirable.
- Experience with low-code development platform such as Appian is preferred.
- Experience with MongoDB is highly desirable
- 1 year experience with messaging platforms such as RabbitMQ, Tibco or equivalent.
- Core understanding of development practices in container environments, such as Docker and OpenShift.
- Core understanding of SOLID principles .
- Strong understanding of unit testing, test driven development, automated test frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others, lead small projects and improve team performance
- Demonstrated ability to provide troubleshooting support.
- Experience and knowledge of Health Care Industry desired.
- Experience with contact center operations is helpful.
- Experience with numerous design patterns.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.