Location - Work from Home
Responsible for directing foundational and strategic compliance responsibilities with consistent excellence that support the team and management. This position will provide compliance support to Legato Health Technologies(“Legato”). Legato's Compliance Program incorporates the seven components of a successful Compliance program, which includes having dedicated resources to provide compliance support and oversight on the business stakeholder. The Compliance Director will support the Legato leadership team and own compliance across a number of disciplines, including but not limited to: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Anti Bribery/anti-Corruption, HIPAA Compliance; Local and Federal Regulatory Compliance; Medicaid and Medicare Compliance; Finance; Procurement; Corporate Governance; and Human Resources.
Primary duties with expert skill level and tasks with the most advanced complexity and broad/enterprise scale may include, but are not limited to:
- Be the Compliance lead and subject matter expert for Legato and own the Legato Compliance Program.
- Manage or oversee projects, initiatives, regulatory audits or exams, internal audits, accreditations, on-site reviews, risk assessments; and assist in audit readiness.
- Lead compliance monitoring to identify process gaps, validate compliance levels, map processes, create corrective action plans, and prepare reports or presentations for leadership.
- Implement and ensures adherence to Corporate Ethics, Privacy, and Compliance standards, which may include drafting, and adopting policies and procedures to support the business.
- Maintain knowledge of local and federal laws, regulations, company strategies to assess impact, and consult with clients as a subject matter expert.
- Conduct investigations, reviews documents, and enforces corrective actions.
- Interface with external regulators, internal stakeholders, leadership, and colleagues.
- Assist in training new hires and monitoring routine compliance training taken annually by the Legato team; and
- Schedule, administrate, and facilitate Compliance Committee meetings, which includes the review of business stakeholder presentations, risk and issue management, and accountability for action items to remediate risks or issues.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 8 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff strongly preferred.
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation preferred.
- Global Compliance Experience Preferred
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $98,640-$177,552.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.