Data Architect, Big Data, Cloud Technologies
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Data Architect will create architectural solutions that articulate the business context, conceptual design, and component-level logical design.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Recommends new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment.
• Drives new technologies towards implementation and exploitation.
• Establishes overall systems architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged
• Contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
• Defines architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
• Directs the construction of architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
• Works with business units to translate business strategy into discrete requirements compatible with current technical architectures.
• Defines systems, technical, and application architectures for new strategic initiatives.
• Develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures in support of business and technical strategies.
• Explains how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness.
• Manage architecture resources and work with other architecture counterpart to deliver architect solutions. Provide leadership and mentorship to the staffs of all development disciplines in addition to the architecture.
• Advises and provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the data and technical capability
• Influences key decisions for the technology & infrastructure architecture.
• Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
• Present and communicate the architecture solutions, architecture patterns to technical and non-technical partners, and demonstrate how they will enable business needs
• Ensure architecture aligns with business objectives, roadmaps as well as to CarelonRx's architecture principles and standards
• Drives architectural decisions for the systems under development
• Provide technical consultation to clients and IT management on technologies, architecture solution options with tradeoffs, alignment with standards and roadmaps
• Define architecture patterns, architecture project deliverables, including data patterns, architecture decisions, rationale for those decisions and architecture solution.
• Define and compare solutions to determine the optimal solutions for business needs.
• Ten years experience in apply technologies in categories such as:
o Cloud Computing Services (AWS)
o Databases (structured, semi-structured (JSON)
o Unstructured (images))
o Big Data Storage (S3, Snowflake)
o Data Modeling (Dimensional)
o Data Transformation Technologies (ETL, ELT)
o Data Visualization (MicroStrategy, Tableau)
o AI/ML Performance and Scaling Techniques Integration Patterns, Microservices and Containers Enabling data consumption thru API
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Hands on experience with the latest cloud-based AWS technology and familiarity with the latest industry trends and technology for enterprise data needs.
• Data and Architectural leadership with knowledge of both legacy and modern cloud-based data technologies and applications
• Strong judgment with excellent decision-making skills and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to take care of ambiguity and lead technical solutions.
• Ability to lead, collaborate and influence issue resolution across various groups in the organization
• Ability to mentor/guide teams on data best practices, design solutions, standards and guidelines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to succinctly present subject matter.
• Ability to communicate effectively technology problems/solutions to business partners and senior leadership and translate high level directives into technical approaches consumed by technical groups
• Highly motivated and upbeat self-starter with proven organizational and time leadership skills;
• Demonstrable experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 5+ years of architecture management experience
• 10+ years of experience leading solutions architecture for end to end BI/Analytics/Datamart solutions
• Top-tier professional with ability to make architecture and design decisions and tradeoffs for solution architecture that looks across the applications landscape and adheres to enterprise standards.
• 3 + years of AWS Cloud experience working with AWS services EC2, S3, EKS, RDS, Mongo, EMR, Lambda, Snowflake, Okera, Collibra, SNS, SQS
• 3+ years of large-scale digital transformation & AWS Cloud migration hands on experience with multiple technology areas like API, Microservices, Event Streaming, Logging & Monitoring, Databases (SQL, NOSQL), Containers, Serverless Frameworks, AI & ML etc.), API Platform (Apigee), Kafka, AMQ
• 10+ years of broad technology experience and knowledge across multiple disciplines such as application development, database SQL/NoSQL, infrastructure platform, security products, ETL products, rule engines, and Business Intelligence (BI) tools
• 10 years of hands-on experience in solution, data, architecture applied to multiple large-scale enterprise systems.
• 5 years extensive knowledge and experience in the Data technologies for Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, BI, Big Data (Hadoop, HBase, Hive), Databases SQL/NoSQL (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Mongo, Postgres, MySQL), ETL (Informatica, Talend, Sqoop), CDC (Attunity), Store procedures, REST API, Integration/EAI technologies like Informatica, BI tools (MicroStrategy/Tableau), Snowflake5 years’ experience with Technologies including Web Service API, Integration/EAI technologies like Informatica, XML, JSON, JDBC, SQL, Java, Python, R,
• Knowledge of enterprise data models, information classification, meta-data models, taxonomies and ontologies
• Experience in health care industry strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $115,600 to $173,400
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.