Senior Big Data Engineer
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for maintaining and implementing the technology strategic solutions related to end to end application and system development, delivery, testing, and support within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, directing, and controlling resources and initiatives to accomplish the objectives and requirements defined by senior technology leadership and product management across multiple teams.
• Project scoping and ensuring reasonable product delivery.
• Manages multiple system and or application products of varying complexity.
• Assists with budget development and deployment.
• Manages processes and receives assignments in the form of objectives and requirements from technology and product management in order to meet goals.
• Identifies and resolves hurdles
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
• Interacts with stakeholder in order to understand new product enhancements or features being requested.
• Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
• Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques;
• Manages implementation/integration projects to ensure deliverables.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• May be engaged in some software engineer work as well.
• Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Advanced experience with Spark, Scala, SQL,
• Heavy exposure to AWS services like Lambda, AWS step functions, Redshift, Hive, EMR
• 5 years experience in Data Analysis
• Familiarity with streaming applications: Kafka, Kinsesis;
• Healthcare industry experience preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.