Director, Innovation Implementation & Execution
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
As Director, Innovation Implementation & Execution, you’ll report to the Staff VP Innovation Implementation & Execution and help shape the team’s portfolio and direction by owning the development, implementation, and scaling of solutions and services that transform healthcare.
You will own key programs and partner closely across Elevance Health to build and/or implement technology-enabled solutions to complex business needs and healthcare challenges. You will work cross functionally across Innovation to develop solution concepts, refine MVPs, and ultimately guide the most promising candidates through deployment at scale.
This is an execution focused role for someone is skilled in driving implementation, building consensus, managing priorities, projects, and stakeholders to deliver solutions on time and budget. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward. This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports.
How you will make an impact:
• Own implementation and partner to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions and services from MVP through deployment at scale
• Ability to drive one or more solutions from concept through to scaling with minimal oversight.
• Develop solution strategy and roadmaps. Adept at managing timelines, presenting and communicating progress to executive teams.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
• Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact.
• Work collaboratively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team.
• Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
Skills needed to thrive in this role:
• Relentless focus on execution. Strong record of delivering impactful solutions from seed to scale that deliver on the intended value proposition
• Strong ability to employ a hypothesis-driven approach to tackle complex problems
• Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture while connecting dots and finding opportunities for collaboration
• Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
• Masterful cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical stakeholders can collaborate effectively and stay engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project
• A “radar” for identifying when you or a struggling project needs additional guidance from leadership and being able to escalate it appropriately.
• Ability to insightfully examine the status quo, analyze opportunities for improvement, creatively generate solutions, and demonstrate the grit to realize the change
• Ability to effectively collaborate and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
• Requires a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field, 15 years of experience in information technology, healthcare, consulting, and/or consumer technologies, similar roles or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 4 + years of experience in driving project and program execution, strategy, and product management.
• Masters Degree preferred
• Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work with a geographically distributed team.
• Consulting background (Bain, McKinsey, BCG) and/or MBA highly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.