Title : Business Consultant Sr.
Location : Remote
Hours : Standard
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
Responsible for translating most highly complex and varied business needs into application software requirements. Gathers requirements and effectively communicates with business stakeholders to convey the business requirements to IT counterparts. These needs typically involve a significant expenditure or cost savings and impact a wide range of functions. Also, provides expertise to lower leveled consultants. This is the highest level in a career progression.
How you will make an impact:
- Provides expertise to lower level consultants on the analysis of business needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
- Works with relational DB’s, extracts data from DB’s and analyzes/documents business processes for both current and future states.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address the most highly complex and varied business needs.
- Facilitates, writes and executes test cases. Test executions handled via multiple dev environments such as; SIT (unit testing), UAT (User Acceptance Testing), PRE-PROD and PROD).
- May lead teams of analysts assigned to the most complex projects, typically those of highest importance and impact to the way in which we do business.
- Analyzes and designs solutions to address varied and highly complex business needs, including creating SOPS (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years business analysis experience, which should include analysis, project management, working knowledge of mainframe computer, hardware and operating systems; minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Consultant with project management skills; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel maybe required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience running/writing SQL queries and/or interest in learning how to write general SQL queries.
- Experience working with Tableau, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working within the agile methodology of project management.
- Familiarity with the term user experience (UI/UX).
- Ability to efficiently analyze data in Excel – general excel formulas, pivot tables, data formatting/manipulation/modeling, etc.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $89,520 to $161,136
Locations: Colorado; Jersey City, NJ
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.