Financial Operations Analyst Senior
Financial Operations Analyst Senior is responsible for performing analysis and driving technical solutions/process improvements to complex business issues. Assists higher level Analysts/Consultants with supporting analysis for the most technical and complex system enhancements including regression testing. Identifies courses of action/processes that will save time and shows the return on investment. Completes financial activities for the purpose of accurate and timely reporting both internally and externally. Focus is primarily on analytic activities. This job is not as transactional or integrated (hands on) as the Financial Operations Analyst job.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Executes moderate to complex data analysis and provides input on how decision support systems will supply data required to make effective business decisions.
- Maintains strategic report applications from finance systems.
- Writes queries and macros to enhance access databases in support of accurate balance sheet/P&L reporting. Develops access tools.
- Participates in IT related projects.
- Acts as liaison with bank and software personnel when application software releases are implemented within the Finance organization.
- Maintains documentation of all exceptions and leads communication with all areas to ensure accuracy of data on an ongoing basis.
- Provides recommendations based on analysis of the data, business situation, and full knowledge of systems.
- Develops system test cases for process improvements.
- Updates existing policies and procedures to keep them current based upon enhanced systems/processes. Provides training to lower level positions.
- Leadership is contained to project work and facilitation of existing processes.
- Participates on issues meetings with IT support to communicate issues/concerns impacting the department.
- Creates new processes/procedures and discusses with management prior to taking action to implement to ensure it fits within the overall strategic vision of the department.
Requires a BA/BS in accounting or finance and a minimum of 2 years experience in a finance/health insurance field capacity and a minimum of 1 year experience working with advanced reporting tools and experience with relational databases and mainframe and client server report writers; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA or applicable professional designation preferred.
Proficient in Excel and Access
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.