Client Services Associate II
Location: Hybrid: 3 days in office- 10116 36th Ave Court, SW #304- Lakewood, WA 98499
The Client Services Associate II is responsible for performing customer service in a sales/account management environment. Assists the account staff in completing projects that enable clients to be effectively served through the crisis system including external communication on the website, data tracking and reporting and coordination between entities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains the Washington ASO website, keeping it updated with new information and removing outdated information in a timely manner. Maintain crisis system data dashboard to monitor system performance, identify trends and patterns to guide decision making. Load person alerts into the regional crisis line system within 24 hours of receiving the information.
- Responds to client issues via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility, claims, etc.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures.
- Researches and analyzes data to address customer service issues.
- Provides information and recommends solutions.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Provides superior quality outcomes by taking ownership of customer service to ensure timely resolution or follow-up.
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls/e-mails to answer client questions.
- May require deviation from standard practices and procedures with the assistance of a computerized system.
- Requires a HS diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year customer service experience, preferably in the healthcare or insurance sectors; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge of the application of benefit contracts, pricing, processing, policies, procedures, government regulations, coordination of benefits, healthcare terminology, claims and products preferred.
- Data Entry experience a PLUS.
- Experience with Microsoft Suites
- Typing 40 WPM w/minimal errors
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining positive work relationships with staff at all levels.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with group presentations and public speaking.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality in compliance with HIPPA regulations and policies.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.