Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies.
The Medical Director - Oregon will be responsible for the administration of physical and/or behavioral health medical services, to ensure the appropriate and most cost effective medical care is received. May be responsible for developing and implementing programs to improve quality, cost, and outcomes. May provide clinical consultation and serve as clinical/strategic advisor to enhance clinical operations. May identify cost of care opportunities. May serve as a resource to staff including Medical Director Associates. May be responsible for an entire clinical program.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supports clinicians to ensure timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of a program.
- Conducts peer-to-peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other providers to discuss review determinations, and patients office visits with providers and external physicians.
- May conduct peer-to-peer clinical appeal case reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company. May be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on internal and/or external committees.
- May chair company committees. Interprets medical policies and clinical guidelines.
- May develop and propose new medical policies based on changes in healthcare. Leads, develops, directs, and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality.
- Requires MD or DO and Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (NBPAS).
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
- Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US.
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must be board certified in Psychiatry.
**This is a remote position however the successful hire must be licensed in Oregon.
**This is a part time position.
Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills. If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions.
Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties, principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $112,000 to $201,600 (part time rates)
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.