Title: Developer SR
Location: Remote (Open throughout United States)
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
• Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
• Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
• Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
• Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
• Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
• Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
• Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
• Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience leading people, small projects and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish highly preferred
• Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
• Proficiency in SQL strongly preferred
• Good knowledge of data warehouse concepts is nice to have.
• C#, .NET CORE, MVC, ASP.NET, Entity framework and object-oriented design skills experience nice to have
• Experience with source control such as: Azure DevOps, Teams Systems Foundation (TFS), Tortoise SVN
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and/or Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience developing web services and deep understanding of SOA principles, HTTP, and REST
• Core understanding of SOLID principles
• Demonstrated ability to mentor others, lead small projects and improve team performance
• Demonstrated ability to provide troubleshooting support
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Experience and knowledge of Health Care Industry desired
• Experience with numerous design patterns
• Multi-database, multi-programming language or multi-business application is preferred
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.