Senior Manager – Engineering
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for maintaining and implementing the technology strategic solutions related to end-to-end application and system development, delivery, testing, and support within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, directing, and controlling resources and initiatives to accomplish the objectives and requirements defined by senior technology leadership and product management across multiple teams.
• Project scoping and ensuring reasonable product delivery.
• Manages multiple system and or application products of varying complexity.
• Assists with budget development and deployment.
• Manages processes and receives assignments in the form of objectives and requirements from technology and product management in order to meet goals.
• Identifies and resolves hurdles
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
• Interacts with stakeholder in order to understand new product enhancements or features being requested.
• Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
• Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques;
• Manages implementation/integration projects to ensure deliverables.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• May be engaged in some software engineer work as well.
Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $116,000 - $174,000.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.