As an associate in the Customer Service Unit it is your responsibility to file claims for Ford hourly and salary employees. You’ll also, be responsible for providing customer service support to the Survivor Income Benefit and disability lines of business through telephone calls and faxes to active and retired UAW Ford employees, family members, claimants, UBR, Labor representative, Dr. Office staff, plant medical, beneficiaries, attorneys, law enforcement agencies and others as appropriate. Provides assistance to callers with questions and issues regarding the administration of Survivor Income Benefit and disability policies, and the eligibility of benefits. Researches and resolves issues to ensure customer retention and satisfaction while performing administrative duties related to Survivor Income Benefit and disability administration and customer service.
- Assist with answering Survivor Income Benefit questions.
- Answer questions regarding open enrollment.
- Receive and process non-complex address changes – proper documentation (signed and dated) must be presented. .
- Name changes – proper documentation (signed and dated) must be presented.
- Telephone number changes
- Using the system notes provide instructions on what is needed to process an existing claim or initiate a new claim.
- Answer questions regarding benefit mail date and amount.
- Explain information recorded on EOB.
- Fax number
- Mailing address
- Return to work date
- Next Dr.’s appointment or date of last Dr.’s appointment
- Treating physician’s name, address and fax number.
- Notify Care Coordinator of need to fax or email medical certification forms – as directed by claimant/care coordinator.
- Answer general high level questions regarding waiting periods in relations to sickness/illness, injury/accident and hospitalization.
- Answer questions in relations to what benefit deductions may apply to disability benefits such as FICA, State, City taxes, and IWOs.
- Explain the appeal process
- Respond to inquiries – offering explanations of mass mailings, and correspondence sent.
- Answer questions regarding subrogation
- Respond appropriately to inquiries from active and retired UAW Ford employees, family members, claimants, UBR, Labor representative, Dr. Office staff, and plant medical, beneficiaries, attorneys, law enforcement agencies and other as appropriate. Process changes, such as; address, name changes, update or add treating physician to system, complete death reports, verify eligibility and levels of benefits (disability - new hires, legacy, and Survivor Income Benefits. Seek guidance or assistance as needed from the team’s unit specialist, and other staff in the customer service unit to provide accurate, timely and one call resolution service. Accept and send requested correspondence to active and retired UAW Ford employees, family members, claimants, UBR, Labor representative, Dr. Office staff, plant medical, beneficiaries, and Attorneys and law enforcement agencies. Follow-up with callers regarding resolution of issues and call backs with updated information as directed by care coordinator.
- Compose written notification to representatives requesting further research or a specific task to be completed based on information gathered from telephone inquiries.
- Accurately document the appropriate systems with clear and concise notations pertaining to telephone and fax inquiries.
- Serve as support for the other units by responding appropriately both verbally and in writing to inquiries from callers with questions and or issues regarding the administration and payments of Survivor Income Benefits and disability benefits.
- Process complex changes.
- Identify system input errors and make corrections as needed.
- Route inquiries (outside of job level duties) to the right areas for handling either via tasks or transfers.
- Act as a resource for intake in the resolution of problems presented through customer inquiries.
- Offer telephone support to the tech unit – General Generic Information, such as; answering general calls regarding overpayments, taxes forms, social security, and state benefit offsets.
- Offer service via web and email inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous satisfactory customer service experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of math and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production and quality controlled environment.
- Ability to handle all types of customers while sustaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively use a PC and proficient with usage of Microsoft office software and Outlook-email.
- Ability to sit in one place for extended periods of time while performing duties of the job
- Demonstrates strong analytical ability
- Ability to educate callers in policies, procedures and workflow
- Working knowledge of interrelated activities of other units within UniCare
- Ability to understand and comply with HIPAA guidelines
- Accurate typing/data entry skills
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of specific direction
- Basic knowledge of Survivor Income Benefits and disability claims and an understanding of claims practices and procedures
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.