Title: Health information Consult Sr.
Location: Remote (Open throughout United States)
Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve health care affordability through analysis of data and transforming business intelligence into action plans. Provides strategic recommendations for improving health care affordability to executives and professional clients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborates with the data warehouse analysts in establishing business rules and monitoring adherence.
• Provides business expertise regarding the appropriate use of data elements and cooperates with reporting personnel from other areas to establish and maintain these common business rules.
• Translates data trends into strategic recommendations for program development and action plans.
• Tracks and prioritizes projects through coordination and negotiation with internal and external clients to improve the efficiency of information/project plan generation.
• Evaluates and triages potential projects and studies based on the value, cost benefit analysis and the urgency of the request.
• Performs strategic data analysis (data mining) and research as appropriate to support business needs (e.g., disease management, provider profiling, etc.).
• Develops detailed understanding of relevant business processes, goals and strategy in order to provide analysis and interpretation.
• Develops and communicates action plans to address areas for improvement identified through data analysis and business expertise.
• Assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement.
• Collaborates with business user to define media, frequency and audience for distribution of information.
• Mentors (formally and informally) less experienced associates and identifies training needs and initiates education to address skill and knowledge gaps.
• Requires a BS/BA degree
• At least five years related experience in analysis and reporting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience with reporting STARS HEDIS, compliance, building out semantic layers preferred.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of data warehouse data structures and data flows is required.
• Experience in managed care and data analysis is preferred. Practical business experience is preferred.
• Experience designing database environments and making recommendations to optimize performance is preferred.
• Working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools; working experience with Teradata, SQL Server or equivalent data base tools preferred
• 3+ years of Data visualization experience with Tableau
• Advance SQL and Excel skills required
• Experience leading projects and mentoring junior team members
• Strong analytical, organizational, presentation and problem solving skills required
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.