The Info Security Advisor maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for the delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions. Ensures security solutions involving the use of technologies are well-conceived, designed and implemented in compliance with enterprise standards.
Location: Remote – Atlanta, GA preferred
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides first level engineering design functions and trouble resolution
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems
- Leads or plans implementations for access management and network security technologies
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Leads the investigation and reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Maintains security incident response plans
- Represents major upgrades and business system replacements in change control
- Oversees Enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to strategy
- May act a key contact for setting vendor strategy
- Designs & engineers repetitive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards
- Develops support procedures and performance metrics reports
- Leads level 1 & 2 incident recoveries; may organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery
- Leads root cause analysis efforts
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 4 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
- Requires BS/BA degree in Information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years experience in systems support, system administration, system engineering, system security, access management, network security, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, and/or data; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in planning and designing highly complex systems.
- Experience with multiple technical and business disciplines strongly preferred.
- Security Certifications: CISSP or other technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certification and Accreditation Professional) strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Active Directory on-premises
- Azure Active Directory
- Domain consolidations
- Group Policy
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune Configuration Profiles
- SAML SSO
- Automation and scripting using PowerShell
- Access review auditing
- Process improvement
- Change management
- Customer service
- Perform Server Migrations
- Perform User Migrations
- Perform Printer Migrations
- Delegate migrations to L3s as appropriate
- Create Migration Scripts
- Create Discovery Scripts
- Trouble shooting of migration problems that could not be solved at a lower level
- Provide best practice standards with Active Directory structures, sites and service configurations for securing the environment
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.