Must have licensure in California.
Shift: Offering 8 hour/10 hour/12 hour shifts. Shift differential may apply.
Please Note: Associates in this job are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime.
Responsible for collaborating with healthcare providers and/or consumer to drive personalized health management and improve health outcomes for optimal consumers. Performs care management activities within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs.
How you will make an impact:
- Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting and level of care.
- Partners with physician clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to interpret appropriateness of care, intervention planning, and general clinical guidance.
- Collaborates with providers to assess consumer needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge.
- Conducts clinical assessment to develop goals that address individual needs in order to develop a care plan; implements and coordinates a care plan.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
- Assists with development of utilization/care management policies and procedures.
- Participates in or leads intradepartmental teams, projects, and initiatives.
- Requires minimum of 3 years of acute care clinical experience, condition specific clinical experience, home health/discharge planning experience and a minimum of 1 year in a Nurse Care Mgr I role or equivalent experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
- Case management experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong communications skills is preferred.
- Home health/discharge planning experience preferred. AS or BS in nursing preferred.
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
For URAC accredited areas, the following applies: Current and active RN license required in applicable state(s) that allows for an independent assessment to be conducted within their scope of practice. Requires 3 years full-time equivalent of direct clinical care experience to the consumer, 5 years full-time equivalent of direct clinical care experience to the consumer preferred or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background, Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states . Certification as a Case Manager or a BS in a health or human services related field, also preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.