The Senior Analytics Developer is viewed as an expert in using analytical, statistical, and programming skills to develop analytics applications in various tools to assist business leaders in making informed decisions. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with various internal and external teams to collect, analyze, and interpret data sets.
- Synthesize analytics into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide recommended actions for executive audiences.
- Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of data or development of analytics requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for the development team.
- Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of analytics design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting data analytic methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of best practice data/analytics methodologies including portfolio management, data asset management, technical architecture, data governance, and use case business integration.
- Develop and refine tools and deliverables and participate in collaborative methodology expansion.
- Work with other business units across Carelon in the application of best practices and methodologies.
- Acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Monitors project schedules and costs for own and other projects.
- Conducts training on the use of applications developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of data and analytic tools and development related to the healthcare analytics industry
- Experience with SQL development preferred.
- Experience using Tableau, Looker, or equivalent business intelligence visualization tools to develop advanced analytics applications is preferred.
- Advanced degree in business, information technology, science, or health research is preferred.
- Understanding of cloud architectures for analytics solution with experience with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and languages (R, Python, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in working with data science teams to integrate data science methods within analytics a plus
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.