Business Analyst II
Location: Remote/WFH: CA, GA, VA, CT, ME, NH, OH, WI, MO, KY and IN; candidate does not need to reside in posted state
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for translating basic business needs into application software requirements.
How you will make an impact:
• Analyzes business needs and weekly inventory reports to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
• Determines specific business needs for action items following review of application software requirements to address specific business needs.
• Works with production staff ensure quality of work and works with other BA's to modify any existing policies or desk top procedures to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
• May perform testing of systems or applications.
• Acts as a liaison between production staff and other BA's to answer questions, makes recommendations for training and conducts training of the software to address questions/issues.
• Provides operational training, assists associates by answering day-to-day technical questions, monitors inventory to ensure workflow remains uninterrupted, and handles complex case research and resolution.
• Researches and documents business issues.
• Assesses and defines documents, coordinates and implements process improvement.
• Researches complex system logic difficulties.
• Leads associates in identifying ways to eliminate unnecessary work.
• Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 3 years related business analysis experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• ITS Host claims processing experience
• 3-5 Year’s experience using WGS navigation and claim adjustments
• Experience with documentation of processes and procedures
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office.
• Experience with Mentoring & Training
• Experience with Claims Quality Review
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.