Title: Bus Info Analyst Sr
Location : Remote (open throughout US)
Responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. Typically provides technical assistance to lower level staff.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
• Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
• Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
• Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
• May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
• May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
• Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and a minimum of 3 years data analysis or related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is strongly preferred.
• Ability to manipulate large sets of data is strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
• At least five years related experience in analysis and reporting STRONGLY preferred
• Experience with reporting STARS HEDIS, compliance, building out semantic layers preferred.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of data warehouse data structures and data flows is required.
• Experience in managed care and data analysis is preferred. Practical business experience is preferred.
• 3+ years of Data visualization experience with Tableau
• Advance SQL and Excel skills required
• Experience leading projects and mentoring junior team members
• Strong analytical, organizational, presentation and problem solving skills required
• Experience designing database environments and making recommendations to optimize performance is preferred.
• Working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools; working experience with Teradata, SQL Server or equivalent data base tools preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.