Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies.
The Director of Behavioral Health Services will be responsible for directing Missouri's behavioral health services. Responsible for one line of business and one or more states depending on size and complexity of the contract.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures appropriate utilization and administration and/or delivery of EAP or Behavioral Health services.
- May lead team(s) of clinicians providing direct care services. Directs assessments, provides appropriate referrals, and performs follow up to ensure the quality and appropriateness of services.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with providers, advocates and state partners and works to maintain quality outcomes, proper billing, and coordination of care.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional corporate teams which design and implement new care/case/utilization management programs.
- Develops and implements process and program redesigns.
- Leads multiple teams of clinicians charged with promoting quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources.
- Ensures adherence to all contract, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Develops short/long-term objectives and monitors processes and procedures to ensure consistency with the enterprise and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with Care Management partners to resolve issues or find solutions.
- Manages budget and special projects.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires a mental health CNS, mental health NP or a PhD and licensed in Missouri (where applicable) and a minimum of 10 years of clinical experience including case management and leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted license for specific profession (i.e. LCSW, RN,) as required.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- Must reside and be licensed in the state of Missouri.
- Must have managed care experience.
- Expertise in leading teams of 40+ staff members.
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding KPIs.
- Must have utilization management and case management experience.
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience and success is preferred.
Note: This position is based out of Missouri and will require the successful hire to be licensed and domiciled in MO. Residency in Columbia or St. Louis preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.