Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health Inc family of companies. As a Grievance/Appeal Coordinator; you will be responsible for investigating and reviewing customer grievances and appeals regarding provision of service and benefit coverage issues. Triages clinical and non-clinical inquiries, grievances and appeals, prepares case files for member grievance committees/hearings.
How you will make impact:
- Summarizes and presents essential information for the clinical specialist or medical/dental director and legal counsel.
- Responds to oral and written complaints sent to the Office of the Chairman, President or Vice President complaints.
- Ensures appropriate resolution to inquiries, grievances and appeals within specified timeframes established by either regulatory/accreditation agencies or customer needs.
- Contacts members to gather information and communicate disposition of case; documents interactions.
- Generates written correspondence to members, providers and regulatory agencies.
- Identifies barriers to customer satisfaction and recommends actions to address operational challenges.
- Pursues ongoing education/training on benefits/services to ensure accurate resolution of grievances and appeals, and overall industry knowledge and development (i.e. HIAA, LOMA, etc.).
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and
- 4 years progressively complex experience working in grievances and appeals
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Ability to organize work, set and manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours between 6am-6pm
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work outside the box and eager to problem solve.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.