Title : Developer II
Location : Remote, Chicago IL. is preferred.
Hours : Standard
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle with regards to Software Support, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops relationships with the application users to better understand user experience and issues.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible enhancements as a result of support triage and resolution.
- Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications as a result of support triage and resolution.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems as a result of support triage and resolution.
- Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system.
- Facilitates small group design sessions or code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
- Analyzes application log files to determine cause and impact of issues.
- Assists with support ticket queue and drives support through additional levels as required.
- Receives referrals from other Support Technicians that cannot be resolved at that level.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and minimum of 1 year experience on one platform; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience within a Software Support role strongly preferred.
- Preferred Databases: Sybase ASE & Mongo
- Preferred Languages: .Net & Java
- Preferred midrange/communication/scheduling tools: Control-M, EDI, Tibco, Rabbit MQ.
- SQL Scripting strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Customer Service, excellent written and verbal communication, and a commitment to continuous improvement preferred.
- User interface design is helpful.
- Automation and scripting experience helpful.
Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are subject to California's salary threshold guidelines.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.