Title : Release Coordinator Sr.
Location : Remote, Chicago IL. is preferred.
Hours : Standard
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
Responsible for applying release, implementation and change management methodologies/procedures to ensure the goals and objections of each release are accomplished on time through following established release planning processes.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinates and responds to requests for release management support including emergency patches/fixes and determines the impact of the scheduled release.
- Facilitates release planning and status meetings; monitors and documents that all release components cross functional dependencies and tollgates are met.
- Defines the release management approach, resource staffing requirements and timeline for each release.
- Leads maintenance release deployment activities, assigns and coordinates technical resources, manages the implementation timelines, facilitates troubleshooting efforts and coordinates timelines and dependent implementation with other release managers, project teams and IT technical support resources.
- Prepares and publishes release notes and leads lessons learned meetings to improve the release planning process.
- Provides leadership in defining standards and procedures for release statistics reporting and documentation.
- May also mentor other release coordinators as required.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in Information Technology, project management or equivalent.
- BS/BA, multiple trade certifications or other continued education strongly preferred.
- Experience in testing, SDLC, operations within IT and Business preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- ITSM/ITIL Experience preferred, Change Management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred, including facilitation of cross-function, collaborative deployment planning events.
- Cloud Release orchestration experience strongly preferred.
- Continuous Improvement mindset and results driven highly preferred.
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, ServiceNow, Urban Code, Jenkins, Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD preferred.
Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are subject to California's salary threshold guidelines.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.