Work Shift: 7:45 AM to 4 PM (local standard time)
Responsible for providing support to clinical team to facilitate the administrative components of clinical referrals for case management or disease management services to include home health, nutritional counseling, etc.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates and manages clinical referrals for participants registered in a disease management or health program.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors and other referral sources.
- Reviews referrals for completeness and follows up for additional information.
- Assigns referrals to staff.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations from insurance plans.
- Maintains database of insurance companies for verification of coverage, accepted plans, and requirements for patient eligibility.
- Contacts physician offices to obtain demographic information or related data.
- Enters referrals and documents communications in system.
- Requires a HS diploma and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- Medical terminology knowledge/experience highly preferred
- Ability to multi-task with two screens at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking abilities
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.