At the senior director level, responsible for directing compliance/implementation initiatives for the State of Washington.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advocate and innovate strategic programming that corrects compliance issues, remediates risk, and advances the company's Compliance Program.
- Apply critical thinking to formulate compliance strategies and concepts that drive results, persuade and influence others, adapt to change, and manage conflict.
- Directs programs with advanced layers, objectives, tasks, stakeholders, requirements; creates policies, procedures and tools needed to operate daily function of program; manage/oversee/influence resources impacting projects or programs from matrixed organizations under different leadership.
- Manages or lead advanced compliance monitoring.
- Advises, coaches and mentors executives and senior management regarding compliance issues and provides reports as appropriate to relevant committees.
- Manages or lead the most advanced investigations, document findings, comply with notification requirements, ensure corrective actions are made.
- Sets goals for department and direct reports; plan, document and communicate department work, noting accountable direct reports and deadlines; may oversee a manager(s) with direct reports.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Minimum Requirements :
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience, including minimum of 5 years management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel may be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Medicaid is strongly preferred.
- Experience building strong relationships with Medicaid agencies and state regulators is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the regulatory side of Medicaid is preferred.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.