Java Engineer Senior
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for delivery of end-to-end application, system development and maintenance on complex multi technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Leverage leading-edge technologies to design and develop high quality software products in an Agile environment;
• Plans, designs and develops, tests and debugs new software and existing software systems and applications.
• Designs applications according to specifications from senior design associates, business analyst and/or business leaders.
• Collaborates with business analysts, technical staff and leadership on multi-complex projects to recommend and define new products solutions.
• Utilize best practices to drive projects through full development lifecycle, including architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
• Produce pragmatic technical solutions capable of handling higher transactional and data volumes.
• Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams.
• May lead software application design teams.
• Java 11/J2EE, Core and Cloud Native Design Patterns
• Microservices: Spring Boot or other equivalent frameworks, Hibernate, Transaction Management
• Angular 9+ SPA
• AWS Kinesis or Kafka, AWS Lambda – Java/Python, AWS SDK for Java/Python, Oauth2/OpenID connect
• SQL for RDMS/Columnar Databases (Oracle, Postgres),
• DevOps basics
• Container Orchestration Platform – Openshift or other equivalent Kubernetes platforms
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience; multi dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred. Experience mentoring others, leading multiple small projects and providing troubleshooting support is preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.