Title: BH Care Manager I
Location: Part time position in CA
Hours: 20 hours per week (Weekend Hours)
Shift differential for weekend hours
Responsible for managing psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder facility-based and outpatient professional treatment health benefits through telephonic or written review. Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs to ensure access to medically necessary quality behavioral healthcare in a cost-effective setting in accordance with UM Clinical Guidelines and contract.
- Refers cases to Peer Reviewers as appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder assessment coordination implementation case planning monitoring and evaluating to promote quality member outcomes to optimize member health benefits and to promote effective use of health benefits and community resources.
- Requires MA/MS in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing, and minimum of 3 years of experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- If you have an RN license, you must have a compact license or be willing to obtain one.
- Current active unrestricted license, such as RN LCSW LMHC LPC LBA (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
- Licensure is a requirement for this position. However, for states that do not require licensure a Board-Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) is also acceptable if all of the following criteria are met performs UM approvals only, reviews requests for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services only, and there is licensed staff supervision.
- Previous experience in case management/utilization management with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric/substance abuse cases preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply:
- Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- Care management – autism experience (3-5 years), UM management
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.