Manager Integrated Absence/Disability Claims
Location : This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live with 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Manager Integrated Absence/Disability Claims is responsible for providing oversight for Integrated Absence/Disability Claims staff. Establishes departmental policies and procedures, working closely with Product area to develop paid family leave plans meeting state and federal guidelines.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs audits to monitor efficiency and compliance with policies.
- Provides policyholder relationship management.
- Advises policyholders on coordination between Paid Family Leave, FMLA, Statutory Benefits.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state leave laws.
- Serves as SME/Expert on Paid Family Leave/FMLA regulations.
- Proactively researches changes to Paid Family Leave/FMLA regulations and coordinates policy language updates as well as policy and procedure updates to ensure compliance and reduce overall risk to the enterprise.
- Attends Finalist and other client meetings as Total Absence Management SME.
- Oversees coordination of ADA management within the FMLA/Disability claim.
- Oversee implementation of new groups/file feeds to ensure takeover information reflects correct leave balances.
- Manages operational risk.
- Oversees activities including customer service and policy administration of in-force business, policyholder communications; billing, complaints, files/records and program change management.
- Prepares specialized reports.
- Manages auditing and support staff for the Life & Disability program.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Requires a BA/BS degree, a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role, a minimum of 2 years client presentation experience and a minimum of 3 years directly related experience with FMLA/ADA/PFL regulations; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences :
Certification in FMLA, ADA, and/or PFL strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.