Technical Program Director
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Technical Program Director provides leadership for multiple large/strategic enterprise-wide programs made up of multiple projects. Manages projects of at least $20M+ in size or equal complexity.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides strategic planning analysis to ELT concerning staffing needs on a short to long-term basis based on program projections.
• Provides strategic direction for developing enterprise project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risk, contingency plan, and allocation of resources.
• Provides expert knowledge of project management methodology approaches, techniques, and tools to senior management.
• Directs system analysts, software designers, and programmers to determine the best methods to achieve project objectives.
• Coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope.
• Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field of study and a minimum of 15 years of enterprise project management experience in broad-based information systems managing increasing project size and complexity that are transformational in nature for the organization, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience in an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required, and/or data warehouse planning and development.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members is strongly preferred.
• Experience using portfolio management applications and Rational tools is strongly preferred.
• Project management certification (PMP) is strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.